Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Gtk scrollbar: thumb too short
Date: 10 Apr 2003 15:48:36 +0900

> I just thought of another alternative.  The thumb could reach the bottom
> when ZV reaches the bottom of the screen; then, if you overscroll, the
> thumb would not move.  In other words, overscrolling would not be indicated
> by the thumb.
>
> This is obviously problematical, but I think it is less problematical
> than the other alternative.

Um, couldn't it do this only when the thumb actually reaches the minimum
size?  So for a buffer where the thumb was larger than minimum, you'd
get the nice shrinking behavior.

Since a thumb at minimum size would often be pretty unusable if it got
any smaller anyway, this seems like a reasonable compromise to me.

-Miles