Re: Emacs GTK scroll-bar flickering

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs GTK scroll-bar flickering
Date: 28 Mar 2003 10:29:07 +0900

> What aspects of the GTK theme need to be redrawn just because
> Emacs scrolls the buffer?  Perhaps too much is getting redrawn
> at the GTK level; that could be a bug.

I don't know, it seems to just be the scrollbar; again, the standard
themes seem OK (so I don't think this is a critical problem), there's
just something very slow about my theme.  Menus are very slow too, when
I use them.

One thing is that GTK seems to do full redraws of components by default,
and rely on graphical double-buffering to make it look smooth.  This
seems to be a fundamental aspect of GTK though, so I guess it's not easy
to fix.

-miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein