Re: Emacs GTK scroll-bar flickering

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs GTK scroll-bar flickering
Date: 20 Mar 2003 10:19:17 +0900

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
> So Gedit has double buffering, Emacs has not.  This is a huge difference
> and explains why the scroll bars in GTK can "get away" with a sloppy
> redraw strategy (i.e. clear all and redraw).

Hmm, that makes sense.

Perhaps GTK needs some way to say `suspend the (GTK) event loop, but
allow it to be resumed later as if nothing changed' (with some other
function that you can call to tell it `something's actually changed').

-Miles
--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research