Re: Ibuffer as default

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Ibuffer as default
Date: 11 Mar 2003 17:49:21 +0900

John Paul Wallington <address@hidden> writes:
> I recently changed it to work better, especially for relatively
> default cases like emacs -nw and Emacs under X with a left-sided
> scrollbar and left-sided fringe (before it just used one space char
> regardless).  But it seems doomed to lose given unusual settings.  Is
> there a straight-forward way to cons up pixel-perfect spacing, say as
> a display property ?

Yeah, given the popularity of using it for showing aligned stuff, there
definitively should at least be an option for the header-line to start
exactly at the text's left edge.  This could even be something as simple
as a boolean variable I think, or a magic `%' escape in
header-line-format.

Stefan's problem (different font) seems a lot harder though...

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.