Re: Customize Rogue

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Customize Rogue
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:39:34 +0100

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 09:39:18 +0100, Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I wrote this function as a transition tool from "setq" to customize,

Transition?

> it list all "rogue" variables, that is, variables that have been
> declared by defcustom but changed outside customize.

I'd much prefer a customize-set-value lookalike which would set the
value of the variable, and trick the customize machinery into believing
I did the right thing, *without* having to load cus-edit.

I certainly don't want to use Customize and I don't consider customize
something I should "transition" too...

I'm not attacking customize, I'm sure it's wonderful for a lot of people,
and beginners most of all. I just don't like having to use a form to set
what I could do with a line or two on my .emacs.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u