Re: Can we add a check to see if user is using old or obsolete code?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Can we add a check to see if user is using old or obsolete code?
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:38:14 -0500

    I'm not sufficiently acquainted with the Makefiles.  But it seems to
    me that "make all" from the top-level directory first does "make all"
    in the src subdir, and that does the shadowing check.  (Or is it
    "make bootstrap"?)  After that, it proceeds to do the lisp subdir,
    and leim.

`make all' doesn't do `lisp', but it does do `leim' after `src'.

    So how about having the toplevel Makefile do all the subdirs first
    (src, lisp, leim), and then, at the end, do the shadowing check?

We could move the shadow-check code into `make all' directly.

Then `make emacs' in `src'would not do it.  Does anyone think that is
a problem?