Re: desktop and tilde-expand-file-name

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: desktop and tilde-expand-file-name
Date: 19 Feb 2003 01:01:46 +0100

Lars Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> I have nearly finished my work on the desktop module, and I would like
> to ask what the procedures are for comitting changes, or where to
> obtain such informations. I have not tried to do this before.

You could start by posting a "diff -c" between CVS head and your files
to emacs-devel for comments and to let Richard judge whether he wants
to install the changes or not.  Remember to include ChangeLog entries
for your changes, and also something for the NEWS file.

If Richard likes the changes, he will tell you what's needed.  You
will probably have to sign papers unless the changes are very small.

Once the papers are in order, you may be given write access to the CVS
repository and install the changes yourself, or you may (re-)post the
changes and have one of the emacs developers install them for you.