Re: no font shown with tamil.el

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: no font shown with tamil.el
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:31:58 +0000 (UTC)

   Since debian includes Freetype2 and XFree-4.2, you could probably use
   the truetype fonts directly (for display, BDF is still needed for
   printing) without first converting them to pcf.

Thanks, although it did not help.

I found that `freetype2 is already the newest version', but that of
the `xfree.*' packages, I needed to install:

    t1-xfree86-nonfree ttf-xfree86-nonfree xserver-xfree86-dbg

which I did.

Unfortunately, even after installing the `xfree.*' packages, Emacs 21
still fails to display Hindi and Tamil in the HELLO file, although an
instance of Emacs 20 displays Hindi.

(I tested the two versions of Emacs in a new X session after running
the xset commands.)

More suggestions?

    http://www.teak.cc                             address@hidden