Re: ?\_ patch

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: ?\_ patch
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:06:49 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   I now lean toward the original solution of using ?\s.

Of course, if one wanted to use it within a string (which one should
allow for consistency), then one might have to worry about whether
"\s-a" would be a valid string, or whether "\s\-a" would be necessary.
Currently, "\s-a" leads to a "Invalid modifier in string" error.
There might be other problems (although I do not see any right now.)

Modifying tabify-regexp is an alternative.  It is not a user option
and one could point out in the documentation string that one should
be careful in modifying it.

Sincerely,

Luc.