Re: gratuitous changes

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:49:35 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>>  I'd like to "see" the space too, but \s is a bad choice.

> Before you ask why, let me answer:  \s is already used,
> e.g. ?\s-a is the "super" modifier applied to a.

If ?\s is not followed by `-', it causes the error "Invalid
escape character syntax".  And, in the case we use ?\s for a
space character, it is certainly not followed by `-'.  So, I
think there's no prblem in introducing this new syntax.

But, I myself think it is better to find another solution
because ?\s is too cryptic to be introduced newly.  Or, I
think just ?\040 or ?\x20 is good enough even if it depends
of ASCII encoding.  At least it is better than 32 because it
conceptually represents a character, not a number.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden