Re: Connection drops data if it sent too quickly

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Connection drops data if it sent too quickly
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:42:07 -0500

    The problem is that the connection is dropping bytes when the data is
    sent too quickly.  I've changed it to send chunks of 500 bytes, then
    wait 0.1 seconds.  This works.

Perhaps we should put that into process-send-string so that Lisp code
won't need to concern itself with this issue.  But I wonder
whether the bug is in ssh.  If so, that's the place to fix it.

If Emacs is talking to some other program instead, does the same
bug happen?

    There seems to be code in process-send-region (or a function called
    from it) that tries to avoid sending data too quickly, but I don't
    grok it.

I probably don't understand it either, but I don't think the problem
being solved was one of losing data.  I think that the buffer would
get full and even worse things would happen.