Re: gratuitous changes

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: gratuitous changes
Date: 31 Jan 2003 22:51:29 -0800

On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 16:00, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> I'm not necessarily opposed to stripping all whitespace-only
> line, but then let's do it once and for all in a single commit

Right.

> so even though it will fuck up `cvs diff' output, I will

diff -w

> at least know how I can trivially resolve all the conflicts.
>

>       Stefan "about 200 locally modified files"

In case of emergency, you can write a few-line script to use diff -w and
patch to get the effect of a whitespace insensitive merge.  But, I agree
that automatic, en masse whitespace changes should be done all at once,
or not at all.

If you guys can settle on a policy, I can make "whitespace orthodox" an
automated test.

Bob

PS.  You need a branch about 190 files ago. :)