Re: xdisp.c problem?

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: xdisp.c problem?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:35:17 -0800 (PST)

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:57:38 +0900 (JST): Masatake YAMATO <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I tried to isolate the case from the entire circumstance, which is
> > using Mew package to view email messages.  I was not successful.  It
> > happens only when I try to view certain messages.
>
> My emacs gets hung, too when I moves the point to "[End of message]"
> of mew buffer. I'm using GNU/Linux. The echo area and header line are
> flushed repeatedly.

I suppose the repetitive and continuous attempt to redisplay is
causing that rapid flashing.

If you set a breakpoint in unwind_to_catch, say on the line _longjmp
(catch->jmp, 1); you should be able to catch the moment.  If you can
provide the trace information from GNU/Linux under gdb it is probably
preferable data than the one I posted.

-Tak