Re: [h-e-w] CVS build and subdirs.el problem

From: Phil Rooke
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] CVS build and subdirs.el problem
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:46:26 -0000

> I don't know who added the cygpath kludge to the W32 makefiles, but
> breaking the mingw32 build in order to get the broken Cygwin ports of
> make to work is a serious bug. I will remove the cygpath calls from
> the makefiles.

Thank you.  After updating my copy of the cvs sources that cygpath error
has now gone.  However, the build still fails at the same place as follows:

gmake[1]: Entering directory `D:/emacs/lisp'
echo ;; -*- no-byte-compile: t -*->subdirs.el
echo ;; In load-path, after this directory should come>> subdirs.el
echo ;; certain of its subdirectories.  Here we specify them.>> subdirs.el
echo (normal-top-level-add-to-load-path '(>> subdirs.el
d) was unexpected at this time.
gmake[1]: *** [update-subdirs-CMD] Error 255
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `D:/emacs/lisp'
gmake: *** [bootstrap-gmake] Error 2

Any other ideas?

Many thanks,

Phil