Re: xdisp.c problem?

From: Tak Ota
Subject: Re: xdisp.c problem?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:41:25 -0800 (PST)

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:00:39 +0900 (JST): Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

> In article <address@hidden>, Tak Ota <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > 2003-01-29  Kenichi Handa  <address@hidden>
> >     * xdisp.c (set_cursor_from_row): Pay attention to string display
> >     properties.
>
> > This change causes emacs to get hung when I try to view a message of
> > the following type.  Switching back to the old xdisp.c eliminates the
> > problem.

> Could you show me exactly what to do to reproduce that bug?

I tried to isolate the case from the entire circumstance, which is
using Mew package to view email messages.  I was not successful.  It
happens only when I try to view certain messages.  C-g does not break
emacs once it gets trapped in this situation.  There is one more fact
I have gained by tracing elisp execution.  The last lisp function
called is `overlay-put' and the emacs stops responding after that.  I
used C debugger to follow the trace from entry to `overlay-put' but
could not conclusion anything meaningful.

I'm sorry but I don't know how to let you experience this.

-Tak