Re: info

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: info
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:43:01 -0600 (CST)

At second thought, maybe the extreme example I gave in a previous
message (with point as described) could be confusing to users, after
all.

I am starting to lean to Eli's suggestion (adopting the stand-alone
info behavior), as that one never goes to the "wrong" node and never
produces confusion.  It would be better if RETURN actually went to the
desired node in the situations I described, but again, I do not see
how to get the "best of both worlds".

I believe that my proposal would not be very difficult to implement if
one does not mind about the example I gave (because most of the
functionality is already implemented by other functions), but once one
minds about that example I am at a total loss.  The very example I
gave shows that you can not even use indentation in the obvious way.

Sincerely,

Luc.