Re: info

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: info
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:21:07 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   Everything between two leading *'s is the previous *'s territory.

Note that this gets taken very literally.  Extreme example from
ccmode:

* Variable Index::

 --- The Detailed Node Listing ---

New Indentation Engine

* Syntactic Analysis::
* Indentation Calculation::

With point right before the Syntactic Analysis line, the default for m
is still Variable Index.  I do not see how to both select the intended
nodes in the situations I described and avoid this behavior.  The
question is, as I explained in my previous message, whether this
behavior is really bad, because it does the obvious right thing
whenever there is such a thing and is easily predictable and
completely consistent in other cases.  It is not "natural", but it is
not "natural" to press RETURN in those places to begin with, unless
one knows what the result is going to be.

The only obvious alternative I see is Eli's suggestion to adopt the
current stand-alone behavior.  Again, this alternative is perfectly
acceptable to me, since my main objection was confusion rather than
inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Luc.