comint-dynamic-complete in gud.el

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: comint-dynamic-complete in gud.el
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:39:30 +0000

Currently, after typing M-x gdb, TAB is bound to comint-dynamic-complete in the
minibuffer. This works if the filename that I am trying to complete on is
unique,
but not otherwise.

If I have:

Run gdb (like this): gdb --fullname my

and I type TAB, I get a completions buffer. Selecting myprog, say, replaces the
*entire* string and I end up with:

Run gdb (like this): myprog

If this is just a customisation problem then other commands (compile, grep,
shell command etc) would benefit from the same keybinding.

I suspect its a bit more difficult than that, though.

Nick