Re: display table for eight-bit-graphic

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: display table for eight-bit-graphic
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:27:48 +0100

"Ehud Karni" <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree. For persons in the ISO-8859-x languages, the 8 bit graphics
> is much better than the octal representation.

I do not agree that displaying the graphics is better.

It might seem so at first sight, but there are problems later on: for
instance, you can't search for the 8bit graphics characters by typing
Latin-1 characters, and people will surely be *very* surprised that
they can't find their characters!

Maybe it would be useful to highlight the graphics characters in some
way so that it is clear that they aren't normal characters.
--
Ambibibentists unite!