Re: question about narrowed behavior of next-property-change et al.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: question about narrowed behavior of next-property-change et al.
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:23:04 -0500

    Since the suggested change would only effect narrowed buffers, and only
    to make them act more like a normal non-narrowed buffer, I would think
    that only code that explicitly uses narrowing is potentially a problem
    (under the assumption that a narrowed buffer should usually appear to
    lisp code as if it were a normal buffer containing only the narrowed
    region).

This reasoning is plausible indeed, but I still think that whoever
changes this should also check the callers one buy one.