Re: address@hidden: Jan's Gtk CVS notifications...?]

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Jan's Gtk CVS notifications...?]
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:39:37 +0000

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 06:22:37PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) said:
>
> > I'm that kfstorm, and would like to adapt to the new repository.
> > So I tried this:
> >
> > cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co -d emacs emacs
> > with a negative response:
>
> Normally pserver is used for anonymous access.
>
> With a usual ssh account, you just have to try something like
> cvs -z3 -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
>
> With a kerberos account, it should be something like
> cvs -z3 -d :gserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs

Yes, I'm sorry I said something that is not true; the new repository does not
have the same access methods of the old one, since pserver is now only allowed
for anonymous users (in which case there is no harm by sending passwords over
the Internet). Developers must use SSH to access the new CVS repository, as
Mathieu explained.

To configure your SSH access, please read:

http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=11&question=How_do_I_configure_my_SSH_access.txt

Cheers,
Jaime