Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available

From: Ovidiu Predescu
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:58:50 -0800

On Thursday, Jan 16, 2003, at 21:15 US/Pacific, Kevin A. Burton (burtonator) wrote:

I would bet good money that Xalan will not compile on GCJ. It might require some modifications to get working. I wanted to spend some time documenting the difference between GCJ and JDK 1.4 and will do that in a
    month or so when I port over NewsMonster.

Is anyone interested in trying Xalan in GCJ and seeing if it does work?

We can't consider XSLT-process as a legitimate part of the free software world
if it needs JDK to run.  Fixing this ought to be the highest priority.

Give me a little time... it is on my list of things to do but I need about 3-4
weeks to get around to it.

Getting Xalan working on GCJ and a Free Software environment is of high priority
for me too.  Very high priority...

This would be really great, Kevin! Please let us know the developments on this.

Regards,
Ovidiu