Re: skeleton.el machinery eats newlines.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: skeleton.el machinery eats newlines.
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:43:55 -0600 (CST)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   I believe the problem with missing newlines is now fixed.
   There is still the problem of the ;; not being correctly indented.
   I now think it's also a skeleton.el bug I introduced, but I haven't
   tracked it down yet.

The problem seems indeed to be fixed up to the ;;-indentation.

While on the subject of skeleton.el, I believe there is an annoying
typo in the info.

m Autotype m Skeleton Language

Take a look at the following there:

`?\n'
     Insert a newline and align under current line.  Use newline
     character `?\n' to prevent alignment.

Clearly makes no sense: insert ?\n to align as well as to prevent
alignment.  Is that first `?' not a typo?  That is, is it true that \n
causes alignment (as the documentation string of skeleton-insert says)
and ?\n prevents alignment?  Depending on how you fixed skeleton.el,
some further explanation of the subtleties involved (if there still
would be subtleties involved) here and in the documentation string of
skeleton-insert might be necessary.

Sincerely,

Luc.