Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available

From: Ovidiu Predescu
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] XSLT-process 2.2 available
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:21:04 -0800

On Thursday, Jan 9, 2003, at 15:13 US/Pacific, Richard Stallman wrote:

    - Both JDK 1.3 and 1.4 are supported.

JDK is not free software.  Can XSLT-process work with a free Java
platform instead?

I haven't tested this. If the free Java platform has the necessary support, I don't see any problem for Java portion of XSLT-process to run on it.

(How does Java relate to this, anyway?)

Emacs acts as a front-end for the XSLT debugger written for the Saxon and Xalan XSLT processors. Pretty much like how Emacs is a front-end for debuggers like GDB or other proprietary debuggers.

- MacOS X is now a supported platform, in addition to Linux and Windows
    2000.

Windows is a platform, but Linux is just a kernel.  The platform you
are thinking of is basically the GNU system, plus Linux.  Would you
please call this platform "GNU/Linux", not just "Linux"?  The GNU
Project needs to get credit for its work, in order to recruit
people to work with it now.

See http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html for more explanation.

Yes, I know about this distinction. I'm sorry for the misuse of the word, I'll be more careful in the future.

Best regards,
Ovidiu
--
http://www.google.com/search?btnI=&q=ovidiu