Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Is it just me, or did 21.3.50 get a whole lot slower?
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 21:12:16 -0700

> You say that wide-column.el is doing something with
> post-command-hook that worked in 21.2 but not in 21.3.  Can you
> show me what it is doing?  Maybe I should change 21.3 so that that
> usage works once more.

Ah, I understand.  Perhaps then I can help you track this difference
down.

> I assume that in order to form an opinion of that usage you must
> first have seen what the usage consists of.  So I figure you can
> tell me this quickly.  Is that not so?

It is not so.  I merely noticed the slow down, and then
systematically disabled module after module until the problem
disappeared.  Then I re-enabled and dis-enabled, to confirm that the
inclusion of wide-column.el would manifest the problem.  Once I saw
the entry on post-command-hook, I made an assumption, because
clearing post-command-hook also causes the problem to go away.

I will have to allocate time next week to isolating this problem for
you.

John