Re: window.c: suggested patch window_scroll_pixel_based

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: window.c: suggested patch window_scroll_pixel_based
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 10:27:04 -0500

    I suggest following patch to window.c (window_scroll_pixel_based), to
    make 'scroll-down' be able to reach the start of the buffer.  This
    patch partly backs out of 1.433 (rms, 2002/12/23).  I apologize if I
    have misunderstood the issue.  I have verified the patch on OpenBSD/X11
    and OSX/Carbon.

This problem does not happen for me, and your change reintroduces code
that seems to be entirely wrong as far as I can tell.  Why do you
think it is right to test `start' here?  It appears to me that BEGV
is correct.