Re: signal handling bogosities

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: signal handling bogosities
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:06:56 -0500

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 12:12:24PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> If we handle mouse highlighting by generating input events to do the
> work at main program level, then the highlighting won't change when
> you move the mouse while Emacs is running a Lisp program.  Is that
> acceptable?

In fact I find it confusing (as a user) that it updates mouse-faces almost
always, but most things only when it's `ready'.  Since you can't actually
_do_ anything until emacs is ready to accept input, it seems much better to
have mouse-faces respond similarly to the way the rest of emacs does.

Anyway, that's my take.

-Miles
--
97% of everything is grunge