Re: Bold by moving pixels problem

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bold by moving pixels problem
Date: 19 Dec 2002 17:34:05 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> I've looked at your patch, and it seems to be very low-level to give
> the filter functions direct access to the actual lface vector elements.

Well, it's a low-level thing... :-)

> I'd suggest a different approach using the internal-lisp-face attribute
> names that are already defined in xfaces.c such as :family, :height, etc.

I agree, code filled with `(aref .. 3)' is not good.  Going all the
way to a plist seems a bit gratuitous though.

What about just providing accessor/setter macros for `lface' vectors,
e.g., (lface-weight LFACE) and (set-lface-weight LFACE VAL)?

After all the `lface' representation _is_ exposed to lisp already, so
such macros might help other code as well.

[I'm not sure about the term `lface' though -- it's used fairly
 pervasively in the C code, but of course that's from the perspective of
 the C code...]

-Miles
--
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  --Albert Einstein