Re: Gtk patch version 2, part 1

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Gtk patch version 2, part 1
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:40:18 +0100

onsdagen den 18 december 2002 kl 02.08 skrev Miles Bader:

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
Hopefully a future version of emacs-gtk will allow overriding some of
the horrid GTK defaults...  I'd like, at least:  (1) menu font

For 1) you can create a file ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and put into it something like:

style "menubar"
{
  font = "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1"
}
widget_class "*GtkMenu*" style "menubar"

I tried this, and it doesn't seem to work -- there's no error message,
but no change in the menubar font either.  Here's the exact .gtkrc-2.0
file I tried (as I mentioned in a previous message, I know it's
_reading_ the file, because syntax errors _do_ result in error messages):

   style "menubar" { font = "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-
normal--10-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" }
   widget_class "*GtkMenu*" style "menubar"

[minus the indentation, actually; I also tried variants like
`font = "Helvetica 10"', but none of them worked either]

Any ideas?

Well, I am currently out of ideas, because what you have is exactly what
I have (but size 14 instead of 10), and it works here.  Are you running
Gnome 2?  I am not.  I told you I wasn't good at these files :-)

I will read up on this and see what I can find.

        Jan D.