Re: specific coloring of diary calendar entries

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: specific coloring of diary calendar entries
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:42:18 +0100

Ami Fischman <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not morally opposed to adding features to these patches.  I just don't
> think there is an elegant way to add them to the code (the color patches are
> already somewhat "glued on") and so would rather not do so unless there's a
> demonstrated need or demand for them.  If others would like to see some form
> of semantic categorization (going beyond f/g color, which can be achieved
> with file-glob-color), please speak up :)

I actually like the very simple color-name idea of yours.

I am not sure what the current manual situation is, but in the
released 21.2, some of the very interesting Calendar stuff is in the
elisp manual.  Maybe that has to be rethought; and maybe some example
using faces (the expert solution you talk about) needs to be added to
the manual.  I just read through the node "Sexp Entries and the Fancy
Diary Display" in the old elisp manual and it says nothing about
faces.  But perhaps I just missed the beginning of the thread.  :)

Alex.