Re: Problem with the RETURN key

From: Ovidiu Predescu
Subject: Re: Problem with the RETURN key
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:36:50 -0800

On Monday, Dec 16, 2002, at 16:50 US/Pacific, Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

To alleviate the problem I defined:

(global-set-key [return] 'newline)

in my .emacs. But it would be good to have this work with the stock Emacs.

2002-10-04  Steven Tamm  <address@hidden>

        * macterm.c (keycode_to_xkeysym_table): Change return to be
        treated like an X keysym.

But it was done quite a while ago.  But you should probably start
looking there.

Up until very recently I've been using CVS sources extracted from on September 27. This problem started affecting me only in the past few days.

I was wrong, my solution worked in limited cases only. Replacing in the keycode_to_xkeysym_table array the '\x0d' with 0 solved the problem for me.

Steven, could you provide a quick explanation why the change was needed in the first place?

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <address@hidden>
http://webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/