Re: Key sequence C-c C-f C-e uses invalid prefix characters

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Key sequence C-c C-f C-e uses invalid prefix characters
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:34:22 +0100

>     > - Use `psgml-' as prefix rather than `sgml-' so that the two packages
> can
>     >   coexist peacefully.
>
> That is definitely the right way.

Thanks for advise.  Lennart, do you agree with this change?  I like to
offer help to get this job done (preparing a psgml test release,
testing, documentation).

Thanks for the pointer!  You wrote:

> Von:Kevin Rodgers (address@hidden)
> Betrifft:Re: Blocking DTD usage with PSGML-mode
> Newsgroups:gnu.emacs.help
> Datum:2001-09-21 10:34:22 PST

[...]

> Here's a crazy way to do that: evaluate this after psgml is loaded (but
> before sgml-mode is loaded):

Okay, the tricky part is tp load psgml early enough; this sequence
seems to work for me:

(eval-after-load 'psgml
  ;; Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> in gnu.emacs.help,
  ;; 2001-09-21 10:34:22 PST
  (mapatoms (lambda (symbol)
              (if (string-match "\\`sgml\\>" (symbol-name symbol))
                  (let ((psgml-symbol (intern (concat "p" (symbol-name
symbol)))))
                    (if (boundp symbol)
                        (set psgml-symbol (symbol-value symbol)))
                    (if (fboundp symbol)
                        (fset psgml-symbol (symbol-function symbol)))
                    (setplist psgml-symbol (symbol-plist symbol))
                    (unintern symbol))))))

(defun ke-psgml-html-mode ()
  "Load psgml first."
  (require 'psgml)
  (html-mode))

(setq auto-mode-alist
      (cons ' ("\\.s?html?\\'" . ke-psgml-html-mode) auto-mode-alist))

Now users have to change all their local variables sections from the
"sgml" namespace:

    <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
    Local variables:
    mode: sgml
    sgml-indent-step:1
    End:
    -->

to "psgml" one:

    <!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
    Local variables:
    mode: psgml
    psgml-indent-step:1
    End:
    -->

But settings in .emacs must continue to use "sgml", or course.

--
address@hidden (work) / address@hidden (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o