Re: disturbing, hard-to-catch redisplay bug

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: disturbing, hard-to-catch redisplay bug
Date: 10 Dec 2002 12:38:00 +0100

John Wiegley <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, I have seen this twice now, but I can't catch it.  If I
> restart my Emacs clean, the problem doesn't appear.  It only happens
> if I've been using Emacs for a while.
>
> I did, however, at least capture it visually.  These two images show
> the bug:
>
> In the first, I am editing a list of filenames:
>
>   http://www.gci-net.com/~johnw/root1.jpg.bz2

Why did you bzip the jpg files?  My browser doesn't grook that, so
I didn't look at the images.  You can use inline images too.

Anyway, RMS fixed a bug yesterday which was related to positioning the
cursor at the end of the second last visible line on a window when it
should actually have been on the first char of the last visible line
of that window.  Could be related...