Re: PNG pictures have gamma correction twice applied

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: PNG pictures have gamma correction twice applied
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 10:08:57 -0500

    It would appear that you have lost track of the discussion a bit.

This discussion is about the problem of double gamma correction that
you reported.  By all means raise other issues if you wish, but they
were not raised in a clear way before your latest message.

      The double gamma correction issue
    is only a side aspect, "fixed" easily enough.

In that case, how about if we fix that now?  At least we will get
correct display.  The other present problems seem (from all I can tell
from your message) to cause only slowness.

    That would be trivially solved by ripping out the gamma correction
    the PNG library does.

We don't want to change the PNG library.  We want to use it
unmodified.  Can you find a solution to this one problem
that invoves changing Emacs and not the PNG library?