Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25

From: Ben Key
Subject: Re: make bootstrap fails with newest CVS sources - 2002-11-25
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:33:21 -0500

I have done some work on narrowing down what change was responsible for
breaking make bootstrap.  Here are my results thus far.

After cvs update -D "3 days ago" make bootstrap works.

After cvs update -D "2 days ago" make bootstrap does not work.

This means that whatever caused make bootstrap to fail happened in the last
2 days.

Here is a list of files that were changed in the last 2 days:
  etc/PROBLEMS
  lisp/ChangeLog
  lisp/international/code-pages.el
  lisp/language/cyrillic.el
  lisp/language/european.el
  src/ChangeLog
  src/Makefile.in
  src/alloca.c
  src/lisp.h
  src/unexalpha.c
  src/unexmacosx.c
  src/w32.c
  src/m/ia64.h

I am assuming that we can ignore the following:
  etc/PROBLEMS
  lisp/ChangeLog
  src/ChangeLog
  src/Makefile.in

Therefore, it is most likely that a change to one of the following is at
fault:
  lisp/international/code-pages.el
  lisp/language/cyrillic.el
  lisp/language/european.el
  src/alloca.c
  src/lisp.h
  src/unexalpha.c
  src/unexmacosx.c
  src/w32.c
  src/m/ia64.h

I will let you all know if I have any more luck.