Re: Gtk version getting closer

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Gtk version getting closer
Date: 13 Nov 2002 09:09:47 -0800

>> Could you explain what is disturbing about it?  Then I can think
>> about the issue.

> Tooltips are poping up and hiding other info.  As somebody else
> explained, for menu entries tooltips are not that important, because
> menu texts are better to understand than tool bar icons.

If tooltips are active, they tend to pop up on their own.  This can be
disconcerting for menus, but perhaps that's because I'm slightly more
used to the MS-Windows approach.  In that case, tooltips for menus
only popup if you use the "What's this?" command (Shift-F1).  This
"What's this?" command can be applied to any widget on the screen (but
not every widget answers it).

Perhaps you want to think about this approach for menu tooltips?

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.