Re: find-aliases, where-did-you-go-little-command

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: find-aliases, where-did-you-go-little-command
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 22:49:49 +0100

On Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:27:04 -0500
"Stefan Monnier" <monnier+gnu/address@hidden> wrote:

> Some people (such as yours truly) like to read patches ;-)

I generally send patches, but I felt it'd be easier this way. Sorry.

> I'd use `fboundp' before calling indirect-function, so that ignore-errors
> shouldn't be necessary (and it also makes the loop significantly faster
> since you don't need to setup an error handler for each and every symbol).

Good idea, I'll try it as you suggest.

> I would hardcode it to t and not even bother with a customization.

That's what I'd rather do, but as it is a change wrt previous behavior,
I didn't want to impose my style. Anyway, there aren't that many aliased
commands, so even as default people won't see much difference.

> My minibuffer can't grow and can only show a single line, so I'm
> a bit annoyed by the ";\nand" part.  I understand that for the "normal"
> case it's better.  I'm not sure how to get the best of both worlds.

Me neither. Let's hear more opinions about that.

> Please try to stay within 80 columns.  I know the original source doesn't,
> but that's just a good reason to try and fix it, rather than
> make it worse.

OK.

Thanks for your input,

--