Re: leim build bug

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: leim build bug
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 15:23:55 +0200

> > > you suggest that we must modify the current code so that
> > > untaring leim first also works well?

> > I'll do the pretest anyway, but I think that this should be straightened
> > out before publishing 21.3.

> I disagree.  What you found out was unchanged since Emacs 20.1, and I
> don't think I've ever heard any complaints.

Well, you've just heard one :-)

In fact, this problem has intermittently bitten me for more than one
year now, but only now did I realize what it was.  I usually untar emacs
and leim in parallel, in the background, the way I almost always do with
big tar files.

> Since The HEAD version makes Leim part of the Emacs distribution, I
> don't recommend changing this aspect for the branch version.

Would it be difficult or anyway problematic to merge emacs and leim
starting with 21.3 instead?