Problems with console and "umlaut"s

From: stl
Subject: Problems with console and "umlaut"s
Date: 09 Oct 2002 13:15:16 +0200

Hi.

Emacs gives me trouble with umlauts.
I use a "us-international" keyboard layout with dead keys on ` ~ ^ ' "
so i can type "-a to produce the character ä or "-e for ë. This works
fine with gui emacs under X11 or win32. But on the console or when
started "-nw" emacs just beeps when typing "-a.
I know i could use ^x-8-"-a but well.. i dont want to break my fingers
:)

I think this has to do with emacs because with other applications this
just works fine. Maybe an bug?

Thanks,
Stephan