Re: How is the 21.2.90 pretest going?

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: How is the 21.2.90 pretest going?
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:18:31 +0200

While creating a pretest, at dump time I get an error, because
lib-src/fns-VERSION.el is required before it is created.

I am investigating the problem, and this is a partial report, done so
that people more knowledgeable than me may recognise the error before I
do.

During loadup, this form fails:
(load "international/ucs-tables")

The apparent reason is the use in ucs-tables of define-minor-mode, which
requires easy-mmode.  So I added:
(load "emacs-lisp/easy-mmode")

in loadup.el, before loading ucs-tables, but I still get a message
saying that it cannot load fns-VERSION.el.  I suspect that it needs yet
another file which I should load before easy-mmode.

I do not know if this is the correct way of proceeding, just letting you
know what's going on while I'm working on it.