Re: INFO on add-ons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: INFO on add-ons
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:30:10 -0400

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 12:18:28PM +0000, Robert J. Chassell wrote:
> (Incidentally, to answer Miles' question, yes, the XML --> Texinfo
> must produce `good, readable' Texinfo, since the presumption is that
> other people, in addition to the author, will modify it.  Since the
> Texinfo is the canonical form, it should not be `placed in a swamp'
> that is hard to study or modify, like binary-only programs.)

I was talking about cases where XML was used as the `source form' (presuming
that the author of some package preferred to write his document in that
form).

In such a case it would be very bad to modify the generated texinfo, and I
see little benefit in `studying' it (since anyone familiar with texinfo can
probably look at the XML source and figure out what's going on with little
trouble).

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.