Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 19:53:14 -0400

I wrote:
> This is actually a good example of a mechanism established for the use of
> customize which ends up `dirtying the waters' for people who use anything
> more.

Actually, in retrospect, I think this was a little strong.  As far as I know
such `mode-variables' existed before customize, and all customize did was
make them `active' (and it had little choice, since it tries to be a
declarative interface).

However, making the variables active in customize leads to people thinking
that they are in lisp too.

Customize and lisp share the same namespace, so they have to play nice with
each other.

-Miles
--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.