Re: Several serious problems

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Several serious problems
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 02:11:09 -0400

    > I think RC should also allow utf-8 to encode 8859-X
    > correctly like in HEAD.  I see no harm in it.

    I'm sure there's no harm in my Mule changes generally, but that's not
    what everyone has been told, unfortunately.

We would not have installed your changes in the trunk if they were
harmful.  The issue about RC is not harm, it is risk of bugs.  Any
change has a risk of bugs, even if it is a great improvement.  But the
risk is not proportional to the improvement; they depend on different
factors.  In RC we try to keep this risk down.