Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:32:55 -0400

    Hell, why not just make `C-x e' end the macro as well as executing it,
    and then use Stefan's idea of allowing the `e' to be repeated
    indefinitely [or something similar]?

These seem like good ideas, except that I would have chosen C-x ) instead
of C-x e, for symmetry with C-x (.

    Actually, I think a better idea would be to make `C-x e' repeat if you
    hit SPC afterwards, and display a message to that effect so that it's
    obvious, e.g.,

SPC would be easier to type over and over than e.

However, one thing worries me about both ideas: both of them could be
error-prone.  You might want to type an e, or a space, for its normal
meaning, after executing the macro.