Re: Sesquicolon -- Note: Not a Bug

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sesquicolon -- Note: Not a Bug
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 06:53:14 -0600 (MDT)

The meta-switch idea is clever, and we might as well add that feature
to Emacs.

However, we would still want to give Emacs a single convenient option
for doing this sort of job; it should not require lots of complicated
options.

It was suggested that just -batch with no other arguments
could do this.  That would be a special case exception,
but I guess it is harmless since `emacs -batch' right now just exits
and is useless.