Re: Weird problem with mouse-autoselect-window

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Weird problem with mouse-autoselect-window
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:11:20 -0600 (MDT)

    > When you switch frames, Emacs generates a switch-frame
    > event whose purpose is to wake up read_key_sequence
    > so it will reread the keymaps of the new frame.
    > Something similar needs to be done for mouse-autoselect-window.
    > I would guess that that mechanism either isn't happening
    > or is working wrong.

    Why is it necessary ?

What is necessary is for there to be an event that wakes up
read_key_sequence.

                           The select-window event is bound
    to handle-select-window which will do the selection (including changing the
    current buffer) so when we get back into read_key_sequence, the current
    buffer should have been properly switched already.

If this event does the job, things ought to work.  But apparently they
don't work.  I can't tell for certain what the problem is, of course,
but the problem is extremely suggestive of a failure for
read_key_sequence to recognize what happened.