Re: Redisplay bug

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Redisplay bug
Date: 23 Aug 2002 01:17:37 +0200

Lute Kamstra <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>
> > But now the redisplay again has a habit of leaving the cursor on
> > partially visible lines at the top or bottom of the window (which
> > I believe is what Richard tried to fix).
>
> There seems to be some confusion as to what Richard was trying to
> implement with his change to xdisp.c which is causing the redisplay
> bug.  It is my understanding that he was trying to implement the
> following.
>
>   http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/emacs-devel/2002-June/009864.html
>
> Richard, if I'm mistaken, please correct me.  Sorry for the noise in
> that case.

Thanks for the noise Lute :-)

My new fix does not change the new behavoiur described there, so maybe
it actually the right fix :-)

But I still think it is pretty irritating that the new behaviour implies
that when I scroll up (page down), the last line in the window may
be partially visible even when the cursor is over it...

++kfs