Re: IRC client for Emacs

From: Noah Friedman
Subject: Re: IRC client for Emacs
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 19:10:28 -0700 (PDT)

>Those recommendations seem to say ERC is better than ZenIRC.
>Does anyone prefer ZenIRC, or like some features in ZenIRC
>that ERC does not have?  (Maybe the easiest thing is to add
>those features to ERC.)

Well, I prefer using zenirc because I'm one of the principal authors, but
that's not an objective answer.

I don't think it's important to bundle another large client with the
standard emacs distribution, but I wouldn't object (I think someone has
already made a zenirc package for XEmacs anyway).  On the other hand I
would not only need to collect assignments from contributors, but there is
some merging work I need to finish before it would be ready to check into
the fsf's repository.  I'm dealing with several branches at the moment,
and I don't have a timetable for completion.