describe-function global-font-lock-mode-cmmh

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: describe-function global-font-lock-mode-cmmh
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:25:32 -0500 (CDT)

This bears some resemblance to a bug I reported in a previous thread
(bugs in two functions using load-history).  The symptom is similar,
but I believe the cause could be totally different.

Do C-h f global-font-lock-mode-cmmh

Result:

global-font-lock-mode-cmmh is a compiled Lisp function in `font-lock'.
(global-font-lock-mode-cmmh)
not documented

Click on `font-lock'.

Result:

find-function-search-for-symbol: Cannot find definition of
`global-font-lock-mode-cmmh' in library `font-lock'

C-s global-font-lock-mode-cmmh in font-lock.el shows indeed no trace
of this function.

I found previous examples of this (see the above mentioned thread),
but there the cause was that load-history does not distinguish between
variables and functions.  However, global-font-lock-mode-cmmh has no
value as a variable.

(I am using Emacs 21.2 90)

Sincerely,

Luc.