Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Broken lisp/Makefile.w32-in
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:51:01 +0200

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:59:11 -0700 (PDT), Tak Ota <address@hidden> wrote:

> revision 1.21 of lisp/Makefile.w32-in is broken for --with-msvc
> configuration.  The change below is responsible for this.  Reverting
> it to revision 1.20 removes the problem in "make bootstrap"

Yes.

> I suspect the use of an environment variable above is flawed since
> each action line is executed by independent shell (cmd.exe) thus the
> variable QWINS is not shared.

Yes. There's also another problem: the "compile-files" target was
renamed to "compile", but there's already a compile target in
Makefile.w32-in. With that bug, compiling Emacs tried to backup the .elc files,
which would fail if you didn't happen to have tar, for example.

I've commited a patch that reverts some of the changes by Andrew that
affect the MSVC/nmake build. With the patch, I can bootstrap and compile
without problem on a W2K.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u